View Single Post
      07-20-2019, 09:08 AM   #36
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Good points from many of course. To add to it, I just don't think parents have been teaching their kids to drive manuals. When I was 15, my dad forced me to learn to drive on a manual first. Gave me the whole "if you're ever in an emergency and all that's available is a stick" story. I haven't looked back since, learning to drive on a manual they are the only types of cars I've owned over 28 years of driving. I hate all autos with a passion.

It's pretty eye opening how many younger people have no idea how to drive a manual. When I valet my car at various places, it's almost guaranteed the valets have to search for one of their own who can drive a manual. To me that's insane, how can you be a valet and not drive a manual?!? How could you possibly be OK'd for that job if you're unable to drive one? To me, that's a very clear indication on just how rare manuals are becoming.

If BMW ceases to make manuals, the M4 will be my last one. If everybody ditches them I'll either wind up driving older cars until my time's up, or perhaps capitulate and get a Corvette C8 without a stick (but even that would be an extremely hard sell for me, hopefully they'll make a stick in the coming years for the C8!).
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17315.00
MT4life575.50