View Single Post
      04-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #20
Ryboy98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNNATRAL View Post
take a look at the thread titled "E9X supercharger owners list". you will see that there are about 40 registered members with ess, 2 with AA, and I think 1 with gintani..those numbers speak for themselves. Also, that whole "blown motor" issue, and I stress the fact that I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT FIRSTHAND, WHATEVER I SAY IS BASED ON THAT THREAD I READ, its very fishy that AA didnt discuss that issue and swept it under the rug quickly. not saying they are a bad company, but when there is a serious allegation against a certain company, it is that company's responsibility to clear it up or discuss it. that is all I have to say.
LOL, one Gintani kit? I think you looked at the first page and didn't
look at the updated lists as the pages go on. I think there are at least 20 Gintani kits out +\-

I have been happy with my Gintani kit and I'm running the 2+ kit. I think some of you are missing the fact that no one has had a problem with any of the kits without meth regardless of the brand. I have been away for a while from the boards but it seems as if everyone is hostile towards Gintani now. From what I have been reading I'm sure I'm going be called some names and be flamed for owning this kit here but, my personal experience with the kit and company has been good. Many of you say horrible things about companies other than ESS but have no first hand experience with them. Id never say the ESS kit or the AA kits are horrible because personally I don't know. But my opinions on them are they are good kits. I eventually chose the Gintani kit because I had the catless x and race exhaust already and was pleased with their product and cs.

It sounds like the OP is not interested in pushing the limit of the engine just a reliable increase in hp. So I would just advise him to stay away from the methanol and he'd be pretty safe with any of them. As far as i know ,and you can search for history, i dont think anyone has had problems other than with methanol.

I'd suggest you call each company and speak with them and go with who you feel comfortable. I really don't think it is a go idea to go off of forum member's posts especially if they have no experience with any of the companies. It's like some one telling you not to buy an M3 because they read on the forums they had lots of electrical quirks and yet they drive a corolla and never owned an M. Different than if you talk to someone and they say, "I've had an M3 and it was horrible! Too many problems with the electrical system"

Those of you who know me from before know how I feel about things and my philosophy and why it is that way. I don't think it's right to say negative things about a product especially if I have no first hand experience with it and I've only read others opinions. Based on my experience I can recommend the Gintani kit as good quality and performing as I like. If you want to really be safe go with one of the stage 1 or stage 2 kits.

Damn this is way too long. Sorry people, it's probably in everyone's best interest that I've been away from the forums. peace!

*SOLD 3/2012 *2009 AW 6MT E92 M3 Gintani S/C Stage 2+ 606 WHP, 392TQ SAE Dynojet 93 Pump, Gintani cat-less x-pipe, Gintani Race rear.
DPE SP-C16 20x9F, 20x10.5R Toyo T1R 255/30/20F 305/25/20R

Last edited by Ryboy98; 04-11-2011 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: fixed the pluses
Appreciate 0