12-30-2021, 10:56 AM   #31
MackSea70
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C, 2020 Tesla Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
I read part of your thread on rennlist, and got your point about the 992, but not sure you're going to find on the M5 the level of excitement you're missing on the 992.

What you wrote about the 992 reflects exactly my feelings about the M5C
Nowadays these cars are so quick and capable for the public roads that you feel somehow wanting.

On top, the M5 huge size and the ZF autobox takes further low the excitement level
Yeah this whole debate wasn't well received on the other forum either, including a lot of accusations that I was just there to brand troll Porsche. The fact is - there are things I like about both brands, and I am grateful to be fortunate enough to have sampled them both.

If people go back and read my first post about the 992, I specifically mention linearity, throttle response and the overdone "gushing" people do about Porsche. To this day - sure, the 992 is by far the most visually appealing car I've ever personally owned. Throttle response? Linear? Feeling like an old school NA engine? None of those. At least to me. And that's why we have many different flavors of ice cream.

It took a long time for me to rationalize that what I once lusted after (Porsche) was indeed not for me. I'm very lucky the market allowed me to get out of something that didn't bring me joy.

I'm even more lucky that my F90 DOES bring me exactly what I was looking for in a daily. Fast. (really fast). Great handling. (no, it doesn't handle "better" than the 992). Amazing brakes. Good looks (992 WAS a better looking car for sure - but that's not apples / apples). And I can haul 4 people with me while having all of this fun.

Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a M vs. P debate - I'm happy to have sampled them both and yes, it's definitely an odd path to go P then come back to a larger "slower" sedan, but I'm more than happy to have taken that journey.
Appreciate 1
brava09767.00