Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
Congrats!

I have the same colour combo inside-out

Please tell me more about 992S, why do you find it boring?
The 992 was just too put together for me. I can't explain it well. Every time I drove the car, I'd put my foot into it, take some high speed corners and say to myself - that wasn't that fun. Then I'd think back to my F80 and say - wait, I had way more fun in that car (for less money too). Of course say this with Porsche purists and your blaspheming Ferdinand Porsche himself.

The thing is - on paper my 992S WAS faster than my F80 (except in a straight line). Never once felt faster. Now in my F90? Sure the 992 felt more nimble, dimensionally smaller, more prone to change direction quickly - it should, it weighs over 1,000 pounds less. I still like my F90 better (and I've got more $$$ tied up in the F90 than I did the 992).

There's a whole thread on it over at renn list if you'd like to read. All 26 pages of it. I started the thread and made a few comments along the way - but it definitely went off the rails. (hope we're allowed to cross post).

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1243...-only-one.html
I read part of your thread on rennlist, and got your point about the 992, but not sure you're going to find on the M5 the level of excitement you're missing on the 992.

What you wrote about the 992 reflects exactly my feelings about the M5C
Nowadays these cars are so quick and capable for the public roads that you feel somehow wanting.

On top, the M5 huge size and the ZF autobox takes further low the excitement level
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0