OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisf90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
Wanted to update this thread with my wide screen CarPlay patch. The guys at bimmer-tech did the remote coding in about 10min. It's looks much better now 😇

Oh WOW, the fullscreen looks so much better than I imagined. I honestly thought it would be the same aspect ratio but this looks like it appears to show more than the split screen.

I understand you need the cable - then pay for the coding. BUT, does it void warranty? I have added up to 80k miles because I plan on keeping this for a long time and enjoying it. I'll hit the years before mileage since I work remote.

But can the dealer do it? I'd think if I have the warranty they'd gladly do the work and charge BMW and update my CarPlay? I have thought about updating iDrive through the dealer too but I know now it is optimized for the dual/fullscreen in the newer models and not sure I like the new iDrive. I think I am happy with iDrive but would want full screen CarPlay now that I see how HUGE of a difference this makes!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!
Not sure if it voids warranty, but my X5m is already out of warranty. But how would bmw know ?
Appreciate 0