View Single Post
      06-22-2021, 04:01 AM   #6
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
The BMW M4 GTS factory time was 7:28, nine seconds faster than Supertest time for the same car. That's a big difference, leading me to think the M5 CS factory time will easily best the GT 63S factory time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
The BMW M4 GTS factory time was 7:28, nine seconds faster than Supertest time for the same car. That's a big difference, leading me to think the M5 CS factory time will easily best the GT 63S factory time.
Yeah, Sport Auto only does two laps on the ring for the superset, one warm up and one timed lap. A factory driver would have far more laps and can be selective with track conditions.

With that said, the SA ring driver is pretty good and is usually within 3 seconds of factory times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
This did confirm that the CS was on Corsa tires. It would be great if the magazine could run an M5 Comp LCI on Corsa tires. With the updated suspension (which I think is the same as on the CS) and the stickier tires, I wonder if the LCI Comp would make up all or most of the 6.5 seconds the older Comp was behind the CS on the 'ring.
Possible, CS is only 48kg lighter than the CP, given stickier tires the gap would be close. But SA never does comparison test on the ring nor repeat with same car on different tires, so we can only speculate.
Appreciate 0