09-22-2021, 07:41 PM   #10
Jonathan G.
Rep
Drives: CLS55 AMG , Audi S6 Presige, F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikiee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
Have you experienced any problems or issues with the mixed tread patterns?
I've pretty much decided to go with the PA4's too. Tread pattern is different, the speed rating is different between the fronts and the rears which is why TireRack doesn't list these tires as available for a 2020 Base F90. Here's the explanation I got from TireRack about this setup.

"Michelin makes the Pilot Alpin 4 in both sizes, but they have different speed ratings, which is why they do not show up as a match for your vehicle. The rear have a lower "V" rating and the front have the higher "W" rating. It is not recommended to mix speed ratings, but if you have to it is recommended to put the higher rated tire on the rear."
Suppose it's possible to use a square setup and avoid the speed rating dilemma.
I use the oem wheels and i have the michelin PA4 in size 285/35 -20 mounted on both the front and rear wheels in a Square tire ( but not wheel) set up with the same tread pattern on all four tires and have been very happy with this set up.
Frankly, I dont understand the point of the tiny 10mm width stagger of the OEM set up as such a small stagger doesnt provide meaningful stagger benefits and one loses the benefits of a square set up on an awd vehicle from a tire rotation and longevity and exchangeability perspective
Appreciate 0