Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcw495 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Kinda scary how much the above quote describes me nearly perfectly. However, I am in my early 40s and a life long BMW driver (although I absolutely hate my current X5). Also, I do still have time to post on forums

But the part about being a CXX, having 3 kids, only making it to C&C once a year... yeah, life gets really busy. The M5 checks off a lot of categories all at once. This, coming from a guy who use to have stacks of race tires in my garage for 10-12 track weekends a year in my E46 M3, back before I was married. lol

My commute in my F10 M5 was the most relaxing time of the day for me. Looking forward to getting back in to an M5 when this X5 lease is up.
Much, but not all, of this registers with me as well. I'm much younger (26), but work 15+ hour days, don't quite have the money/garage space for a weekend car like a 911, so the M5 checks all my boxes. Get to drive fast and spice up my commute, it's big enough to drive around my wife and our friends, and if we have kids, there's space.

But...I also have some time to post on these forums.
Exactly, the response seems just angry at something else. There's guys like me who don't get the comp pack because I always go in a completely different direction aftermarket. It makes no sense for me to store the wheels which is the only big ticket item in the package. Do I feel like BMW screwed me? No! Almost every single M car I've had since the E46 was always the base model because I never waited for comp package and never cared. So now going on M car number 7, same boat.

I'm 30, I buy and swap out every few years; currently being two F15 X5 for my wife and I, have the weekend fun 911....yet I still wanted a family cruiser that was quick, hence the M5. But the thing is as crazy as life gets and how busy the day is, I can come up with 5 min to post on the forum lol
Appreciate 0