View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 12:07 PM   #12
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Car manufacturers are self killing the wagon market in the US.

Case in point:
-A Jaguar XF Sportbrake with the supercharged V6 starts at $72k
-The same basic package in F-Pace SUV guise with the same drivetrain starts at $62k.

Nearly a $10K difference to get LESS sheet metal and ground clearance.

BMW did the same thing by sandbagging their wagons for years. They have not sold a performance variant of a wagon in YEARS. You want an E91? There were a few people lucky enough to get a 328 with RWD and a stick and those cars still fetch a premium. The F30 got nerfed and only got the automatic, 4 cyl AWD version.

If I could have gotten a RWD F30 wagon with the I6 I would have done it in a heart beat zero questions asked. But I couldn't justify spending more for less car.

Americans have a craze with SUV's and BMW is happy to let us indulge in that because they build them all here anyways. It's a lot easier for them to manufacture and sell those products domestically then it is to import and certify wagons, let alone boutique wagons for enthusiasts.

A 6Spd CTS-V wagon will still sell for $60K almost regardless of mileage at this point because it's a proper sports thing. I see a decent amount of E63S Wagons here in the northeast as well.

Unfortunately BMW killed it by pricing their products wrong and making a shitty offering and then claiming "oh the take rate is low so we'll get rid of them entirely".

I'd give a testicle for a M5 Touring.
Perfect response.

No different than Europeans thinking Americans are nuts for spending $70k+ on trucks. Yet they still sell them by the millions. Just because they don't get doesn't mean it can't be a thing.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00