View Single Post
      08-17-2022, 07:26 AM   #80
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
What world are you living in? A stupid political statement right micvite.
I live in a world where his Karen parents are gonna go before a committee/judge start crying and telling them how great of a kid he is, he didn't mean to hurt anyone, it's just a tough period in his life because he's depressed his pet goldfish died. He's a straight A student at Berkeley with s bright future, he was an EAGLE SCOUT! OMG and did all this volunteer work to make his resume look better for college because college in America cares about sports and the soup kitchen, not grades. How sorry the kid is and how had he feels and how kids like him are our future and its not right to destroy his future over a little mistake especially since no one was hurt. You understand right judge? Kids all make mistakes, it's what they learn from those mistakes that matter.

If this speech doesn't sound familiar look up some court cases of highschool and college rich kids doing stupid shit... heck if the parents have enough money they'll usually just settle to drop the charges before it even goes anywhere (plenty of rape cases at my college that magically disappeared, no one ever saw the girls again, and nothing ever happened to the students from the frat that used this as an initiation to get in) THAT'S the world I'm living in... a world where if you have enough money you can have whatever the heck you want and do whatever you want. And if you believe anything else it means you simply don't have the kind of money necessary to enjoy that privilege.
Appreciate 0