03-02-2015, 04:46 PM   #11
nyc4runnin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacek 328 View Post
So, to make the story more interesting; I went back to the dealer on Friday morning, at their invitation to try again. They told me they had problems with their equipment (computer updates) before and now all was working correctly. They offered to try the maps, and bluetooth update, again with no labor charge.

Well, at the end of the day it did not work. They told me that they tried everything and could not install an update of either. Suggested that my -"Head Unit" is at fault (?) and that they will need to replace it at +$1250.
Then they would update the operating system to the latest version, which may disable the 'courtesy feature' of the remote closing and opening of the hardtop(!), apparently this is a no longer supported by BMW ? -Sounds very strange to me that what was a sales feature is now revoked by the same company.

After this update, they would be able to install the maps and Bluetooth updates.

What a story! I find this most frustrating and unbelievable. Although I must say that the dealer has spent now three days trying to work this out?

As for the head unit; the car drives and operates fine and I don't see any issues with the operating system.
wow ..... all u need is a FSC code and the map updates on a USB stick. I would return those discs to the dealer and demand full refund. obviously your SA does not know what he/she's doing...

FYI FSC code can be purchased from people on this forum for much cheaper than what the dealer charges ...

Its sad when the people on this forum know more about the car than the people at the dealership and service dept ...
Appreciate 0