11-02-2023, 11:22 AM   #30
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
So what’s with the bitching ?
I think most of us here want to see drivers (any driver) perform to the best of their abilities.
And currently, Checo isn't doing that (basically for this year but also last year if you ask me), but he's occupying a seat that so many other drivers could make use of so much better.
If this is the best he has to offer, he doesn't belong in F1. Just as Mazepin doesn't belong in F1, just as Latifi doesn't belong in F1, and the same goes for Mick Schumacher and Logan Sargeant (ok, Sargeant is still a rookie, so he should get the benefit of the doubt for a full year, he might shine in the last few races...)

So it has (for me at least) nothing to do with that one team, or one driver has to win and nothing else is important, it has to do with sportive achievements in general.
I want to see drivers (or any athlete in any sport) and teams do amazing things, to rise above themselves.
So if I see a seasoned driver like Checo make mistakes like the one in Mexico, then that's a let down. And just by sheer luck LEC could resume his race.

That is why I always wish for a crash free and mechanical trouble free race. To give the drivers a chance to show what they can do.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-02-2023 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60985.50