11-11-2021, 05:16 PM   #130
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
is your credit app not locked in? The original app was good for something like 90 days. We let mine float in October (cause that was when i was supposed to get the car) and the rate went from .00093 to .00096 (in my case 7 bucks a month). Given everything going on in the economy, it's not hard to guess that rates were going to go up. I called my CA right before the first of November and had him re-up the app (you take a small hit to your credit score when they check credit) and that locked me in at .00096 for the next 90 days. That .00111 in my case would represent about 40 bucks a month. If I get beyond this approval (another 90 days) and at some point become subject to .00111 or higher - pretty good chance I'll walk. I can afford it - but you have to draw a line somewhere.

I will say - my CA fully intended to keep my credit app floating until AFTER the November rates were released (can't blame them for trying to maximize their profit either). Gotta stay on top of this stuff.
I didn't realize there is a lock. They did run the full app. The order sheet from bmwgroup.com has my production number and my name on it. So I assume the car is sold to me.
Appreciate 0