08-13-2019, 03:40 AM   #15
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
My dad was paying over 10% back in the 1980s I can get 3.5% now BUT all Propertys in and around major city's are high

Do I wait for another downturn? Blood in the streets is always a good time to buy right?

Whattama gunna do? Live in the Carolina's in a 1/2 priced mansion, but I don't like the south, we bypass it driving to Miami every winter, just put gas and piss, I can't live where they sell confederate flags at gift shops and Chinese takeout puts peas n carrots in porkfried rice (weird)

i think I love to hate my home town, traffic and noise is calming, going to NC with a couple acres sounds nice but the clean calm area will freak me out, I like our takeout Chinese food "Kowloon" I like our pizza "Regina's" and our clusterfuck roads, it's home

Edit: let me be clear, the south is fine it's just not right for me, I'm also a masshole so likely the south doesn't like me

Lol....I'm an asshole too, but born and raised in the South. We live near the NC border, but Spartanburg and Greenville ( and all the area between the two.....Greer, Duncan) are nice especially since BMW moved in. You're going to have that typical cliche of southerners you mentioned, but few and far between in those areas and They are a dying breed. They typically like to stay to themselves...so they usually live way out of suburbia.

About 3 years ago, they built a huge equestrian center not to far from us that hosts some pretty big events (world ranked events), and then we also have the Steeplechase like event .

Plenty of nice lakes, Golf Courses, Schools (Go Clemson)....and plenty of nightlife in Greenville.

The area has really changed over the last few years. As you go mid-land...it's sparse until Columbia and then picks back up to Charleston.

So don't knock it until you've explored a little. I traveled extensively early in my career (NE, West Coast, etc), and I could find things wrong with pretty much anywhere I've been.

In fact I have a few NE guys that work with me, and I've never seen a group of people so quick to backstab you and each other if they think it makes them look better.

So we all have our faults.