View Single Post
      06-09-2019, 03:35 PM   #25
Gareth589
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F90 M5 Competition

UK New M5 Competition F90

Hey Guys.

Just joined the site after being on M3 Cutters for years and took a break away from the brand and played with a few cars after.

1. BMW E93 M3 Supercharged
2. Merc E63 AMG
3. Porsche 997 Gen2 Turbo
4. Range Rover Sport 2019 SVR

I have just rejected the Range Rover as the build quality was beyond poor and within a week of ownership it had broken down 3 times with JLR service coming out.

So finally after searching have purchased a F90 M5 Comp.

It’s due in to the dealer tomorrow and I guess I’m ultra excited to be switching back to the M after 5 years away and from what I can see it’s totally different now.

The spec on the M5 is breathtaking with every option including a tow bar, yes I know a tow bar but I have kids and we cycle loads but would be fun seeing people’s shock.

I’m hoping that the good old UK members would be able to help out with some questions I have with regards to mods and feedback would be great.

1. I have added the full BMW carbon exterior pack but have noticed the exhausts have a bland black tip, however I have seen tips with the carbon sleeve on which changes the rear end, but again seen posts where quality and heat has affected them.

Is there any genuine tips that could be fitted or would it need to be a new system?

2. While I’m now going bold and developing a pot belly my boy racer days are long gone, I’m more the oldest boy racer in town.😆😆

Reading the posts on systems and part systems there’s lots of conflicting reports, if I was to fit a new system I’d most likely go down the Akrapovic route and wondered what would be required to fit the vehicle correctly and would I need to remove cats and also questions on the warranty.

I have also seen on the Akrapovic website that if the vehicle is fitted with the OTTO Particulate Filter then I would not be able to fit the system.

Do any members understand this and possibly advice on how I could find out.

3. I have been looking at modding the vehicle with the DMS Automotive in Bristol and again would love to hear thoughts on doing this with regards to reliability and if it’s worth the hassle.

4. Finally the induction side I have seen to kits for the vehicle,

: GruppeM forced induction system.
: Eventuri Air intake system.

Again sorry to be asking for so much but I’m totally new to this vehicle and don’t want to ruin the vehicle with mods that spoil the car, I want the car to look clean, but modded in a classy manner.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gareth.
Appreciate 0