View Single Post
      05-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #32
Josh/AWE
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
For the record, I'm truly not on here to hurt the thread. You seem super-responsive Josh which is a HUGE plus when it comes to customer service! On top of that, the exhaust sounds kick ass in the videos!

I'll say this last bit and leave it alone... I can't disagree with you that the tone changes as evident in the video, but the tone is a result of the engine being in Sport+ AND the exhaust button on (not the few inches of smaller diameter pipe it's getting redirected through). It changes the tune of the engine and exhaust behavior. Oddly enough, that exhaust button alone doesn't keep the valves open/closed.

I look forward to hearing more videos and new customer feedback!
No harm perceived, my friend. While your statement is accurate, the tone still changes between valve states. In the aforementioned time code, you can hear the valve doing its job (when closed) as it gives off the vacuum cleaner type sound, whereas when it's open, it's all thunder (yes, the burbles are introduced in sport mode, but I am not referring to them rather the tone heard under the burbles).
Appreciate 0