View Single Post
      03-28-2019, 08:20 AM   #5
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

I like the points in the article. It is not criticizing the car, its more in owe of its power and amazed at its abilities.
But the point is - in order to harness all that power and use the car - it relies more and more on computers, so we are getting used to computers performing part of driving function and relying on them instead of the driving skill.

I used to turn all the systems (DSC) completely off on e39M5 and e46 M3 at the track and on the street since computer interfered with driving and rely on my skill and shifting Technic.

On this M5 it computers are in every part of the car( shifting, traction, suspension) and turning it off makes the 4 wheels drive act differently and power distribution changes.
Even for trained drivers - it is a challenging car to drive all out. Not many tracks in US where one can exploit top speeds and handling especially if you have M drivers pack 177MPH.

Another point is - getting untrained drivers behind the wheel of 2.8 second car is quite scary as well. I think it should come with driving school mandatory
Appreciate 3
Soul_Glo13284.00
330iToy71.00