View Single Post
      02-23-2019, 05:59 PM   #3
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

iPhone software has a bug as far as I am concerned. I've been an Apple product fan for years, but the music app that's native on the iPhone has been a territorial bitch for years. Never remembers where you left off. Starts up and overtakes other audio apps. I have come close to deleting that app from my phone more than once.

The older iPod software USED to have a play counter and it could let you control songs by using that play counter. The "random" seed they use for the random play is the same number I think, perhaps it's Tim Cooks Birthday? I know mathematically there is no such thing as a random play list, but for God Sake, use a different seed for the random play calculations (today's date?) or keep count of already played songs......it's not a difficult piece of coding but for some reason the guys at Apple don't want to improve this or fix this BUG.

The on-board hard drive music collection appears to always remember where you left off.

Mike

(First world problem I know, but if the engineers where held to the same standards as guys in my line of work, we'd have "thought" control by now and not just gesture control.)

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0