12-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #9
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
What's the point of racing from a roll if you force both cars into 3rd gear? Both transmissions are geared differently, especially since the BMW has an 8-speed and Benz has a 9-speed. I'm not looking it up but most likely the Benz has a deeper 3rd gear as a result, but either way, forcing both cars into 3rd is not representative of actual street driving.

If you want to see who would actually win "from a roll", the test is simple - you both just floor it and see what happens. The transmissions will kick down to whatever gear is appropriate, and whoever wins wins.
Funny thing is that what you describe is exactly how Carwow always conducts roll races but everyone complained so this is the first time I’ve seen them roll race like this. I agree with you, I want to see the responsiveness of the transmission, traction control sensitivity, etc all factored in to show how quickly the car actually gets moving when you stand on the throttle pedal. Best compromise would be to do both types of roll races.
Appreciate 4
clee1982796.00
Vervain396.50
E90NJ24.00
The_Werm212.00