07-11-2018, 11:17 AM   #31
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Sounds unbelievable.

Akra proving again (at least to me) that they're the reference standard for exhaust systems. The only real reason to pick something else is price. When I bought my Akra system, I related the brand to my girlfriend as Gucci-level exhaust. Extravagant, but you rarely regret buying the best.

How long until others copy the staggered-cut tips?
Over the last 40 years I've installed a lot of different exhaust systems. Akrapovic is, by far, the highest quality and easiest installation I've completed. It just fits, click, click,click. The Ti welds are amazing. Major Craftsmanship ! Capristo, although stainless, is also a work of art.

No catback exhaust system is going to add power to the M5. The marketing will say 5-10hp.....you can't measure that accurately on a rw dyno. You're lucky to get back to back passes that close without any changes. M built a great flowing system, large piping, etc. Sound is up to the end user. I hated my X5M sound and bought Akra. Would do it again. Made ZERO extra power based on my Vbox accel tests. I don't care. Sounds much better.

I'm 99% sure I will keep the Competition exhaust I installed (thanks lemetier). It's light years better than the factory X5M and better than the standard M. It is great that we do have more and more aftermarket choices to customize !
Appreciate 0