///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Yes this is pretty much the main benefits (that instant tq response) and a car that can do some straightline damage. That video is more indicative of what a 610 would do to the NSX via trap speed (NSX tuned in the vid). Ill update my thoughts on the tune when I pick it up Monday. I took a flyer on it without track tests but I think that car in the vid you posted was a piggy too. Fabspeed finally claims to have an ecu tune but its 4k or something crazy for the gains. Ill just do a quick plug and play.

There are deals to be had on them as the dealer network, advertising, and price points have never hit the mark.
vtknight

So I have put about 150 miles on the car post piggy and can say its faster car by SOTP feel. Sorry I dont have any empirical data but I have done over 10 runs where I start on an empty road with clear line of sight and my thoughts compared to the M5 with racechip (same road tests) are probably mirrored up with Brooks' runs against the tuned NSX. Where my terminal point is vs the M5 is about 2 mph lower but again its just an eyeball test. Its in that high 10's at 127.xx now vs 3-4 mph slower at stock. Whats even more enjoyable now is that burst in the low speeds which I already liked in OEM format. There is that extra tq burst which the car needed especially over 100 mph. Now when the electrics shut down at 120+ the car still pulls strong.

I think this is really the most Ill get out of the car and thats fine; now Ill just enjoy it for what it is- a good all rounder with some flair!
Thanks for posting!
Like RaceChip but sometimes I feel the car's transmission gets confused when downshifting to a stop and gets jittery! Any thing like that happened with you guys? Had to switch to Sport from Race mode to see whether it made a difference Nd it's some better!
Appreciate 0