02-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #35
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
vtknight

So I have put about 150 miles on the car post piggy and can say its faster car by SOTP feel. Sorry I dont have any empirical data but I have done over 10 runs where I start on an empty road with clear line of sight and my thoughts compared to the M5 with racechip (same road tests) are probably mirrored up with Brooks' runs against the tuned NSX. Where my terminal point is vs the M5 is about 2 mph lower but again its just an eyeball test. Its in that high 10's at 127.xx now vs 3-4 mph slower at stock. Whats even more enjoyable now is that burst in the low speeds which I already liked in OEM format. There is that extra tq burst which the car needed especially over 100 mph. Now when the electrics shut down at 120+ the car still pulls strong.

I think this is really the most Ill get out of the car and thats fine; now Ill just enjoy it for what it is- a good all rounder with some flair!
Thanks Vic - I think that makes sense with a tune - a couple of (2-3) tenths and a couple of (2-3) MPH. With that bump - is a pretty solid performer - for especially that price point and the exotic look. Very good to know (and congrats!)...

I'm with Onfire though - I think the 991.2 Turbo S is in my future...all round easy ingress/egress/cruiser/performance/ and one day/direct OBDII port tuning (I would not touch it until that is available - I am not taking the ECU out to ship it somewhere). Plus I am really not sure about the new 992 interior (and although I like the outside - more width - not sure about that back end).
Appreciate 0