View Single Post
      10-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #8
MSchfiftyFive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M5 Comp

Was wondering when someone would post this, hah. Most editors seem to get a kick out of shitting on the F90 while at the same time usually admitting it's the best appointed, and always the quickest of the comparison group. Having owned both the latest C8 RS7 and now my LCI M5C, the M5 still wins that comparison, hands down. My RS7 was an electrical gremlin machine, but even more than that, I don't have so much as a rattle that bugs me in the M5, the full leather is more extensive than the RS, and while the interiors are comparable it just feels exceptionally well built.

All of us wish the steering had a bit more road feedback, but that's the only gripe I can regularly come up with in an otherwise excellent car. I'm sure the Blackwing sounds great with that supercharger and the V's have had handling dialed in for a decade or more now...but that interior is going to show it's roots immediately, and that's where you spend all of your time, flogging or not. I've also got selectable 2WD in the M5 and I've used it exactly once...even in 4WD w/ traction control on this thing breaks loose on even kinda damp pavement...the Blackwing would be useless where I live.

It's the cheaper car in ways you'll notice all the time, and the lack of an AWD system excludes it from even consideration for me, even with that engine. Enjoy those burnouts a few times, and then you're gonna be pissed you can't do more than feather the throttle in even light rain.