View Single Post
      09-24-2021, 10:27 AM   #7
Namelss
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport

I'm not necessarily a GM guy but I can speak to the Cadillac ownership experience as I sold my CTS-V3 back in June while the market was (is) hot. I purchased it new in 2018 and my experience was ok. Every time I brought it in for service it was there for a week at a time and it wasn't always fixed the first time. I had to open a case with GM to finally have a computer issue fixed after taking it in 3x. Anyway, it was fast and the steering was razor sharp. The GM 8spd trans was a weak point and I didn't want to deal with that aspect out of warranty.

As for the Blackwing, my intention was to sell my V and order a Blackwing, which is what I did, 6 months ago. I still have no allocation nor any idea if I'm even going to get a car this year. I'm sure this is due to parts shortages but at the end of the day I'm buying the car from GM so they shoulder most of the responsibility (and blame) for this rollout, which has been less than stellar to put it kindly.

I know that the Blackwing is going to be a ball to drive. A manual Blackwing will likely be collectible and depreciation should be better than most cars. Before the V I had 2 Chevy SS (Holden Commodore), one manual and one auto. One of the only things I missed about the SS when I had my V was the manual (my manual SS was totaled which is why I bought the V). I suspect the BW will feel like a combination of the two, only better.

Having said that, my automotive philosophy is that life is too short to drive the same brand your whole life and my life is getting shorter by the day it feels like. My last 5 cars were sports sedans, some of which were direct competitors to the M5. Some were even referred to as the "American M5." Since I've had the so called American M5 I feel like it's time to try the real thing, which has brought me here. Many people that I know in the V world are disappointed that the BW doesn't have AWD. They say it's ugly which is subjective. I like the "4 door coupe" look so I don't mind the look. Frankly, as a former owner I can say the Blackwing interior looks like dogshit compared to the M5. The dash looks like 6 different shades of black. I'm not blown away by the interior or the exterior color options. I think the Caddy is overpriced by about 15k given the quality of the final product. My V had numerous small issues that a 100k+ car shouldn't have.

So what's my verdict? If my Blackwing order gets accepted before my M5 arrives, I'm going to be faced with a very tough choice. I'm just happy to have these choices. Growing up in the 80s I thought this amount of performance would never be available to us. This is truly the golden age.
Appreciate 2
Thomas66.50
Egrunt553.00