View Single Post
      09-19-2021, 10:48 AM   #4
dbonebre
Rep
Drives: '22 F90C '18 F90 '16 991GTS

Couldn't agree with TrevorM3 more. The CT5VBW is a special car, likely the last of its kind and will be my M5 replacement once inventory increases. But hell, I just traded in my M5 for a Durango HC which was quite the switch but love it. I'll likely return to the M5 when the next gen arrives likely with a hybrid powertrain and significant power increase (not that it needs it but that's evolution) if they follow suit of MB assuming a variation of their new V8 hybrid powertrain in the GT63S makes it into the E63S replacement. That being said, MB has other problems on their hands getting the V8 back to the US if its hiatus is due to pending increases in penalties for NHTSA avg. fuel economy violations unless interest grows in their electric vehicles which IMO don't elicit any excitement whatsoever - good news for Tesla selling those credits - FCA kept them profitable for a few of those quarters that got them into the S&P. Three years in the M5 was special but time to return to the dynamic driving experience of a V8 RWD manual while the opportunity still exists.
Appreciate 0