View Single Post
      05-14-2020, 08:23 PM   #52
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyM View Post
Just because they are street-driven doesn't mean that they see daily duty miles.

My buddy has a 1500whp (mustang dyno verified) fully built shep trans/ETS GTR and he said he runs it at the high 7/low 8second 1/4 mile power level ONLY during 1/2 mile events (where he does 1-2 glory runs) since drag racing will break something after 5-10 launches & otherwise keeps it turned down to about 900-1000whp.

You cannot daily ANYTHING with 1500whp+ reliably no matter the build unless you are truly baby'ing it everywhere, while also putting race fuel every single day, and just don't care if something breaks (which at that power level is a minimum 10-15k fix each time).

People with 1500whp GTR's/Huracans maybe see 100 miles a month of driving IF that.

Also just to name my point here is a thread covering 720s vs turbo Huracan numbers.

https://www.lambopower.com/forum/ind...n-take-a-720s/

With the 720s having a 60-130 in the low 5's (5.1-5.3), you'll need at LEAST 800whp to even stay dead with one (which coincidentally is what most TT Huracans run on a pump gas tune unless you are running their Stage 3+ builds at 1000whp pump). If we mod the 720s with downpipes, tune and turbo (pure turbos), you need at least 1000whp (which is minimum built motor for the Huracan to even have a chance which required Stage 3+ with a built motor to run race gas as well)

One thing to add; you say that GTR's/Huracans are the fastest cars, well of course they are, they are making 3000whp in top tier builds (get 3 runs and replace something builds).

We aren't even talking about the same realm of cars at this point, those are half million dollar builds (200k for the car minimum + 300k+ for the X UGR build). If I put 150k into a muscle car (C6 with 3000whp), I'm running 6's easily and reliably with some 7.0+ liter big block V8 (Nelson racing engine or something) with 3,000whp.

No need to spend 500k and I'll have a much cheaper but more reliable car. There is still no Huracan/Gallardos in the 6 second 1/4 mile. Whereas 150k can easily get you there in a big block, big turbo.

And this is coming from an owner of a H Evo.

Merica' for the win baby.
Appreciate 0