09-09-2021, 12:48 AM   #24
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafelabdal View Post
These drag races are silly. Speed limit on US Freeways range between 65 mph - 85 mph. My 2020 330i turbo-4 cylinder does it 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. So what is the point?

The M5 is a great car, no question. But is still a 5-Series on STEROIDS. Yes, I get it, engine, transmission, brakes, power, etc. are different from a regular 5-Series. But still, it is a 5-Series on Steroids if you want to be honest with your self.

The Porsche 911 is in a league of its own. Its suspension/chassis + handling is unlike any other car in its segment. Add in its weight and that rear engine configuration and no one comes close. The 911 drive is completely different from any other car in the segment, period.

Who cares if another car wins a silly drag race by 0. something seconds?
In the case of the M5 CS, it is far more than just a 5-series on steroids. Even the basic M5 is still a far superior car from the 5-series. The M division has their hands all over these cars.

But yes I agree on the premise of drag races being mostly pointless. In the real world on public roads it is irrelevant. What matters is how a car actually feels to drive: how it delivers power, how it sounds, how lively/communicative the chassis and steering are, how nimble it feels, etc. This drag race BS is just a d*ck measuring contest for online fanboys.
Appreciate 0