View Single Post
      02-12-2019, 11:04 PM   #65
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpsy View Post
"Pimpsy". I am going to answer your post inline, in RED.

Putting aside the somewhat rude tone Fair point - I find your tone whiny and entitled - unnecessarily soof your initial reply to my post, as an example, the numbers published by RC not only lack detail for various maps and settings but apparently are far, far off from real world experiences of various members.
I have went over this already. These are beta tunes. The platform has not been out long enough yet to get enough data for consistent alpha products. This has happened for literally every platform. I am not sure if you are someone with experience modding, but if you were - you would know that. The "far far off" comment also makes me question your experience as DA, track, driver, car condition, tires and a few others makes consistent ET and MPH almost impossible to quantify - unless they are same day, track, driver, car and conditions.
Some have called them out right lies, I will generously call them simply not accurate. I would call them incomplete. I still have no idea why you think the maturity of the product should be as high as you expect it.
To complicate matters, various members have themselves posted numbers which are wildly inconsistent. In fact, I have seen the same member post radically different numbers even the same thread which not only makes little sense but just further confuses what should not be a very complicated thing to suss out. It makes total sense - please see variable explanation above.
You can be assured that if I had any real world experience with any of these tunes, I would publish my own personal experience in great detail in the hopes that it might help someone. I would suggest more of the personal experience idea as it will help with some of your confusion. In fact, I often share the experience I do have, such as it is, toward that end. That is what community boards are for - to share information and help the community - usually by doing. Complaining about it - not so much.
To answer your question of why I am not collating this data myself, I'm not going to disseminate information that I can't verify and don't trust to begin with. This makes no sense. At all. The ONLY way to disseminate information - that is trust worthy to you - is to do it yourself. DO some testing. GO to a track. Make some runs, both before and after a tune - same day if possible. Then you will know. You will not need to depend on any other source. As your variables for you will differ from others experiences. Now you may not want to do that - spend the money and time in order to provide that information to the community - and that is fine. Just don't complain about it - because no one owes you anything.
To me, this all seems quite reasonable. If this somehow seems unreasonable to you, I'll respect your right to form your own opinion. But your disrespectful tone is uncalled for and certainly says more about you than the veracity of my opinions. I believe my opinions have helped to prove your opinions are flawed. Since opinions are subjective - we will likely never see eye to eye there. As to my tone - I can only state that whining and complaining when someone isn't producing anything of value themselves - is a sore spot for me.
Appreciate 0