04-21-2022, 10:59 PM   #21
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
I can confirm , as I just ordered and installed a M5 CS wheel I ordered from IND...

Heated function does not work, which we knew.

But, unless I did something wrong, or just didnt try hard enough, my 2019 M5 Comp with driving assist does not work. There is a cut out in the 2019 steering wheel for the a module, and the m5 CS wheel does not have this cut out. So you would need to get creative to find a location for the module. I suppose possibly could cut it out carefully on your own, as it seems to be a soft plastic/foam-ish material, that could probably be cut open pretty easily. I did modify the old heated wheel button to make it fit in the CS wheel, as I didnt have CS trim and there would be an open hole where the button was. So I had to trim the back of the button, and remove the module it was connected to also. I did this simply to fill the hole, rather than buy new trim. I may eventually try to do some arts and crafts with a razor blade, or Dremel tool on the inside of the CS wheel and get the module to fit so I can use the driving assist function. But not worth it at the moment for me.

Everything else swapped right over, paddles, trim, wiring harness, airbag, etc. only the heated wheel and driving assist are now in operable. Neither of which are a big deal to me. Here is a photo of the 2019 comp wheel removed module and cut out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
pcai377.00