View Single Post
      04-10-2016, 06:59 AM   #17
workshybum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911
My opinion,for what it's worth is you entered the roundabout too aggressively and with poor acceleration sense.The Skoda seems like they made their decision to move on and then realised after they had committed themselves,that you were accelerating towards them.
I'm not saying that you were travelling at an excessive speed,just that you're not giving yourself much margin for error.A quick scan at the cars waiting to move forward at the point that you entered the roundabout should have built a picture of either its capabilities or even possible driver capabilities.
I think the subsequent reaction from the Skoda driver was a simple "fuck you," and whilst not right,had the desired effect from his perspective.
The Mazda drive may have been looking at the pair of you and just drifted.Crap driving from them,either way...
I partly agree with you as I have already admitted I did enter the roundabout fairly briskly. As I said in an earlier post, I had anticipated that one may enter the roundabout, my mistake was assuming he would turn left from that lane. Knowing the roundabout fairly well I also knew there was a possibility he would turn right and allowed for this possibility too, by lifting off as soon as he started to move. I would, however, expect from normal people, that self preservation would make you drive out of the danger zone rather than stop in the middle of it.

As for margin for error, the fact that I didn't crash into him would suggest that my anticipation, expectation and subsequent actions were adequate.

I should also state that I didn't post this video to try to apportion blame to any particular party and am happy to accept my role in the situation was a contributing factor - I just thought it was an good piece of footage that might spark an interesting discussion.
Appreciate 0