Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabineBimmer View Post
The new styling is not a step in the right direction. Of course, this is all subjective and will respect as such, but if the new 4-er is any indication... Ew...
The 8 is made to look low and wide with sports car proportions albeit heavy. The 5 is made primarily to be a practical large four door sedan. Visually, the M version just changes the plastic bumpers and adds some flair. The 8 was designed to look cool first, be practical last.

I'll admit looks are subjective, but I've found the last two 5 series to be nothing more than what they were designed to be, executive sedans. The E60 was the last time BMW attempted to be bold whether you liked it or not. The F10 and G30 are handsome but just regular looking BMW sedans. The M5 versions look cool, but I'm not sure how anyone can begin to compare them to a low slung M8.

When I first saw the M8 in photos I wasn't sold. But after seeing them on the road, I completely forgot about the M6. The M8 just look so good. Not garish like the new 4 series, just clean, modern, mean, and excellent proportions. The M6 now looks two generations old compared to the M8.
Appreciate 1