View Single Post
      03-29-2022, 09:23 PM   #40
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
My f10 squealed, my f90 squeals the exact same, maybe worse.

I drive hard, over 100 a lot. I've done the brake mashing many many times probably over 100 times. It works for maybe 5-10 minutes after doing it. It does nothing long term.

This isn't about glazing, it's not about driving like a commuter. I've owned several other cars with similar performance brakes. AMG's, Lexus IS-F (2), 911 Turbo S. None of those brakes squealed, ever. I've driven many cars with CCBs as well, those squeak sometimes, but its a different squeal, not as loud or as frequent as the BMW steel brakes. And once warm it goes away on CCB. It seems to get worse as the brakes warm up on my f90 comp.

This is a BMW issue. Not a driver issue. Period. It's embarrassing, the " its normal" "drive harder" lines are BS.

It's a flaw in the brake design, and BMW doesn't care to fix it, or the fix isnt worth it to them for unknown reasons. End of story. $130k car that sounds like a rental box van from U Haul, it's embarrassing, frankly unacceptable. Quite honestly its the only thing I can't stand about this car. Thats why I make the dealer look at the brakes literally every time i'm in there. I know they won't do a darn thing, but I bring it up every time in hopes one day they'll do something. The more they waste time inspecting brakes, and paying the dealer for warranty work or labor to check them over, hopefully they do something about it.
"I drive hard over 100 a lot" but how often do you mash the brakes? I do it every time I come to a stop, aka no squeel, you just admitted you DON'T do that. I never said it does anything for long term, if you brake like your grandma's in the car afterwards of course it's gonna start squeeling again lol. You're talking about amgs? my e55 squeeled like a pig, the e63 from the next gen did the same, sl63? what do you think? squeely boy, the cars come with brakes that are meant to stop it from high rates of speed quickly, not for you to put around town in and that's the truth. use them correctly and they'll reward you, if not they'll squeel.

it's literally the same with the carbon ceramics, they squeel all day until they're warmed up, is that a problem for your 130k car? No, that's how they're DESIGNED! I've had an e63 m6 no squeel, f10 nothing, I'm sure my f90 when I get it will be the same because I drive the cars as if they were on a track, the brakes last maybe 10-15k miles if I'm lucky, I'm willing to bet yours last 30-40
Appreciate 0