Thread: M5 reliability
View Single Post
      05-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #13
S_CDSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 650 Gran Coupe

Reliability is all subjective man. Mine has many more miles then what your looking at. im at 65k and prior to buying mine i did not have it inspected which was my hardest learning lesson ever buying sight unseen. You should absolutely get a car like this inspected by preferably BMW and of course at your cost. Most common issues on 13's are the injectors, AC condensor from my understanding. And then you have the typical BMW issues that occurred for many models which is the high pressure fuel pump. Whoever buys my car though is getting a hell of a deal and good car when it comes time. Brand new engine, spark plugs and coil packs, 2 brand new high pressure pumps, 2 new catalytic converters, new exhaust manifold, DCT fluid change, differentials etc.. of course i got stuck with the mess from buying sight unseen and having my engine sieze right after buying it and then discovering it had a rod knock once i got it. I guess you cant just go off maintenance records though, mine had great records for maintenance, clean title no accidents, no paint work done or anything and again i still had to foot 20-25k in repairs after install and everything. Regardless, my point is have it inspected and when you get it take care of it. These cars thrive on regular oil changes, letting them warm up properly and such. at 11k you really shouldnt be worried too much unless those 11k were all tracked miles. Overall these cars are ok-decent reliability wise and miles ahead of the E60 M5 but do not buy an M5 thinking your walking into a super reliable car.
Appreciate 0