View Single Post
      01-15-2019, 11:00 PM   #92
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
These are 3 runs on the same day at sea level around a 1000 DA on 93 octane pump zero slope 20 hz v box sport . Kline inconel exhaust and manifold . The slip is from Another 991.2 Turbo S with same mods stock tune at the track on a neutral DA . You see how consistent my car is on a non prepped surface , that's my point . Even at a worst case 10.6 that is killing a stock M5 Cp or no off the line in the real world especially on an airstrip or unprepped surface . People keep using the best M5 time, downhill tuned on race gas vs the worst Turbo S time they can find lol . The LC is sooooo easy on the Turbo S and as you see it rolls out in the 1/2 mile as well. Add a tune and it's killing any F90 period , and don't get me started about the handling difference . Only downside is the turbo 6 does not sound good stock at all . Needed exhaust immediately for me .
Thank-you for the info. I have a few questions. And again - believe me when I say I am hoping your info is universal as I am going to be getting into a 991.2 shortly.

Your 60' is a 1.475. That is a very very good stock short time. And again - you state this is exhaust only - no tune? You maintain your MPH with a very serious short time for a stock car. Were you on stock tires or a R888? I see the slips. I see the data - but having been involved in the modding game for some time - I find it really hard to believe you just slapped on an exhaust and cut 3 tenths and added 2-3 MPH. If you ran a poor 60 - your MPH would be 135+. Exhaust is reducing back pressure - but all of these bolt ons pale compared to the tune. Maybe there is a ton of restriction on the stock exhaust I'm not aware of. From all of my friends with these cars - to my Tuners, to my friends at ES Motors - exhaust only 10.2's at 1000 DA - is pretty much unheard of - without any tune.

The good news is I will test my car fully and I truly hope I find this works for me as well. I will tune the car however.

Please know I appreciate the feedback you provided.
Appreciate 1
onfireX53618.50