View Single Post
      08-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #18
DCat
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

I just picked up my ordered F Pace S after having my 2011 X335i for 5 years. Always loved my bmw but was time for a change and after first learning about the F Pace at first of this year and doing a lot of research (and drooling...) I put an order in in April-with no test drive at that point and having just then seen one in the flesh for 1st time.

The Jag is amazing. In my humble opinion, it is by far the most beautiful SAV on the road now...don't get me wrong, as noted I loved my BMW, but consider this a giant step up.

I did get the fully loaded S, so not cheap, but I was comparing more to an X5 and at a similar price point, it was for me an easy decision. Performance is ridiculous. Smooth, yes more quiet in the cabin, and endless pull...and it sounds badass too... I think the Interior is dramatically more plush-yes, there is some cheap plastic in areas, but I think the same can be said for X3/X4. To my eyes, it is much more plush and refined in every way.

Yes, there may be bugs with a new model, but as an early adopter of the current X3, I suffered through countless trips to the dealer over sunroof (replaced entirely twice!) and a few other annoying issues, so kind of went into this with the mindset that as a new model, stuff may happen. Fortunately, my Jag dealer is sister dealer to my BMW dealer so I was comfortable going in that I had a good one to work with in the event anything happened. I would agree with others and miss the simplicity of the Idrive system, but the system in the jag is much more sophisticated and capable, and interface with it is not an issue after getting to know it...and the 825 watt meridian sound system is definitely a step up from the hk.

don't think you can go wrong either way-I'd recommend not going with the base model to avoid some of the plainness that comes with it, but I'm ecstatic over my choice...so far...wife loves it too, except that I've claimed our garage so I can properly admire it every evening...

Good luck with your choice...here's my new baby;
Attached Images

Appreciate 0