04-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #16
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshot View Post
I’d like to have a checklist with me so I don’t accidently overlook something and end up going back to the dealership several times in the first month.

Were there things you found later on that could have being inspected or fixed while at the dealership? Paint imperfections, suspension, well known defects etc. An experienced detailer told me to bring a paint cleaner so I can wipe off the wax to check for paint imperfections, swirls etc and if any such is found, immediately demand a fix or refund to cover the cost of a professional detail.

I plan on getting to the dealership first thing in the morning on a weekday so if there are any problems, i can sit around and wait till they fix it! This is mainly due to the dealership being a 1+ hour drive so I expect to turn up drive it away and hopefully never go back there to fix something silly.
Good with the checklist. Go over everything nice and slowly. However, you may very well find something amiss later on. Don't fret. Just have it attended to. That's all you can do.

Don't clean the paint in front of the dealer, in fact, don't do it at all. Let the detailer attend as the entire car WILL absolutely need to be properly detailed completely - at your expense.

No need to demand anything as you will need to be on good terms with your dealer over the warranty years, at the very least. Loan car, etc will be vital for you being over 1 hr away. Stay calm, professional and courteous at all time. If there is a problem, point it out and let the dealership attend to it. Chances are, they will have the car looking nice for delivery. They do this almost every day.

Well known defects are detected after driving, some come to the surface after many kms of driving. Steering, suspension noises etc. Forget it as you can be worried about 100 different issues, which may never be an issue.

Enjoy the car and have it detailed asap. Cheers.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0