View Single Post
      10-07-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Sasha213
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Imperial Blue

Jacksonville/Gainesville Fl - Recommendations for detailers and auto/repair shops

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the forums so I mistakenly posted this around a few other places (been on the mobile app, so I didn't some of the possible forums). Since it seems like this is finally the right place, I'll post again:

I just bought a 435i, and I'm looking around at all the different independent shops in Jacksonville, Fl. (Or Gainesville, Fl)

I got it pre-owned 2014, and I love the car but it's clear the previous owner took poor care of it. The paint has some chips and dings, and the paint is also swirled. I knew that when I bought it, and it's how I got such a good deal, but now it's time to fix it.

The local dealer is Tom Bush BMW, but I wanted to know what other options I had. The two independent shops I've heard of are Sam's Automotive and DBMW. My car is still in warranty, but the rear-bumper could use some work and I'm also just looking to establish a relationship with a shop for when I need repairs down the line.

I'm also looking for a good detailer, mainly for the swirling/scuffs. I know I could do it myself, but I'd like to get it professionally done the first time. Is there a real difference in BMW detailing/paint vs other cars? There's a detailer I've always been to before who did a great job on my older (non-BMW) cars. But now that I've got a BMW I just want to double check. But honestly, even if the detailer doesn't do the greatest job, nothing is permanent, right? I can just get a better job the next time.

I figured I'd ask around here to make the best of everyone's experiences. Thanks!
Appreciate 0