Thread: Meth injection?
View Single Post
      06-15-2008, 02:20 AM   #17
Phil@BSH
Registered
Rep
Drives:

We (BSH) have been using methanol injection on our in house GTi 2.0T which has a direct injection engine for just about a year now. The combination has worked incredibly well for us and a before/after dyno session of my personal car while it was on the stock turbo revealed a 22 whp gain on the factory turbo. Now on an upgraded GT30 unit we have been able to push the car very hard even in the brutal heat of Arizona. (It was 110* today!)

Without making any changes to the tune already installed on the car, the VW ECM has had no problem trimming out extra fuel with methanol injection present. This has been verified by my on board wideband AFR gauge as well as by monitoring the AFR recorded by the ECM. Ultimately I would love a custom tune but unfortuneately that technology does not exist for the ME7 or the ME9 ECM's.

Should the BMW ECM have this same capability then out of the box this will make a great power adder. However, if the BMW ECM does not have this ability then the air fuel ratio will certainly be rich.

All said, methanol injection is an excellent way to increase performance on a forced induction vehicle and I am very happy to see it already being discussed for this platform. We are currently looking into purchasing a 135 and will definetly go that route should that become a reality.

As we research the car I will be around the boards a bit so if there are questions on methanol injection I am happy to answer as long as the question/answer conforms to the rules of the site.

-Phil
Appreciate 0