Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfy View Post

This could have serious consequences as i left my parter rest in the car the other day as i went to do something both thinking she could get out. I returned 30min later and she, lucky it is winter and not 45 Deg C

The dealer wrote down to investigate.
As intimated in my post above...BMW has had a double-lock feature for decades where the interior door handles are disabled when the vehicle is locked from the exterior (either the driver's exterior door lock cylinder or by using the remote).

Is there anything in the G05 owners manual that give this type of warning? I ask because my f06 BMW owners manual does give a warning just like my other manuals in regards to locking passengers inside the vehicle. The "special knowledge" required to unlock the doors when they've been double-locked may be what's written in the BMW tech info above about the central locking system. Back in 2000 when they designed an "out"...you were to press on the central locking button, then pull twice on the door handle. Since the g05 doesn't have the single central lock/unlock button...but know has lock/unlock buttons on each door...try those instead...then pull twice on the door handle to see if that will let locked in passengers escape.

See some example below of the warning not to lock passengers inside the car...1st pic is from my f06 BMW owners manual...2nd pic is taken from a G05 X5 owners manual I just googled today...and it has the same warning as BMWs from the past about not locking passengers in the car from outside the vehicle:
Yeah i checked with dealer to change it. Their response was it was potentially incorporated to stop theft if windows are partially open a they get access to door handle in dome way.

My issue i do 18 hour drives only stopping for diesel and eat and breaks. My senario is my partner is sleeping and want to stay sleeping either when we arrive at the farm or in a town along the way while i do other thing and she gets out when she wants and stays with the car.

This is the only car i have had that she will now be locked in. I just need to make sure the spare key is always in the car.
Appreciate 0