View Single Post
      10-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #22
pmw103
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dreaming of a F10

Thanks for the feedback egalesrest,
I guess the positive is that it will be avialable at some piont.
Dad's online functions were working in his car then they stopped. It looks like the car had been trying to do an update, which is interesting because its a week 37 build car.
Apparently it failed and crashed alll the online functions. (no warnigns came up)

He only found this out because he went to the service deparment today and the hooked it up to the diagnostics. They applied the update manually and got BMW assist to re initislise and its all working again! Will take a look over the weekend and see if this latest update has the internet functions, I don't suppose it will but I will check anyway.

BMW UK are not allways 100% correct, they told us when we ordered the car, that even though it had acc it wouldn't have the rear collision warning but it does.....

If you look on here

http://bmw.connecteddrive.info/stage.php

It says both the collision warning and internet via customer mobile phone IS available in the UK filter by UK.
In the past I thought this was in accurate because of the response from BMW UK on the collision warning. I am wondering now if there is away to get the internet working in the car via your mobile phone. Eaglesrest do you know does your car the latest updates?

My problem is I don't have a phone with tethering enabled....

Last edited by pmw103; 10-21-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 0