Thread: Uniden R7
View Single Post
      07-29-2020, 09:01 PM   #9
EMCCM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Comp/2022 G80 Comp

How is the V1G2 “proven to be superior”? Borderline better range? Maybe less false alerts, but the R7 is pretty easy to configure to limit these. How about the fact a $500 detector that’s the first major upgrade in YEARS arrives with multiple displays peeling off and so many other failures (49 page thread just on issues with the V1G2 on rdforum)? Forcing your hand to use a separate phone app (which looks like it was built by a high schooler that just learned to build iOS apps) to get full benefit?

I owned a V1 for 15 years before purchasing both the R7 and V1G2. They’re both great detectors, but frankly the V1G2 actually false alerted for me more frequently, has an ugly display (weird purple when hit by the sun), and so many issues that I stuck with the R7. Still waiting on Valentine to respond to my emails to return the thing (thought they were supposed to have good customer service) from two weeks ago. I really wanted to like the V1G2, as I was a big V1 fan but ended up unimpressed.

Not sure how Theia will revolutionize anything, seems overhyped, but I’ll be interested in trying it out.
Appreciate 1
MDJAK82.00