marcielago
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: SG F10 550i MSport, CB E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 7 View Post
Hey marcielago,
since you are in AbuDhabi why don't you check out AbuDhabi motors. Im guessing you got your 550i from there ? The parts and accessories department sell some kind of ecu tuning package from a company called pp performance i think it's an ecu flash or something. As i recall the price is a bit steep (around 16,000 dhs or about USD 4,350) but you do get to keep the warranty. This is just some information about the tuning package they offer for the 550i
http://www.pp-performance.de/5er550i300kW.htm
The info is in German but I'm guessing most of the stuff is pretty much comprehensible. Also the 0-100 km/h claim seems a bit ambitious but the rest of the info seems credible. I'm seriously contemplating getting this installed on my car as well but I've been a bit busy lately, and seeing as the 550i is my daily driver i couldn't afford to keep it in AbuDhabi. ill hopefully get to it eventually .
Hey Mr 7

Thanks for the info... I know its a late response, been quite busy away from this forum.

I heard of this from a couple of guys lately and looked through the posted webpage. I am guessing the prices in UAE would not be cheaper than mentioned in their website. Honestly I think the price is in the high end. With the 50 bhp increase from their tune and the USD 4,000 price tag, we are looking at USD 80/hp compared to USD 10-12/hp (my guestimate) from Vishnu for example.

Second thing I spoke to a friend I know who told me that this tune is warranted from BMW AD, as you also said. I am too skeptical about this claim and I will not pay this big amount until I get a paper signed and stamped by the BMW workshop manager, saying that the tune is warranted and whatever happens to the car will be warranted. My guess is they will not provide this paper coz they are not sure if this tune is of quality.

I have contacted vishnu people a few times since April 2011. They replied to me but haven't heard of any final releases yet (apparently I am leaning towards Vishnu).

Regards,
Appreciate 0