View Single Post
      08-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
Mr 7
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2009 650i, 2011 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcielago View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. The thing is I'm looking for piggy-backs specifically coz of the fact they require the customer to ship their ECU to their workshop in order to do a flash software for it. Plus I honestly cannot justify the relatively high price on this upgrade, USD 3K for stage 1

Of course I'm assuming that Dinan tuning is a flash.
Hey marcielago,
since you are in AbuDhabi why don't you check out AbuDhabi motors. Im guessing you got your 550i from there ? The parts and accessories department sell some kind of ecu tuning package from a company called pp performance i think it's an ecu flash or something. As i recall the price is a bit steep (around 16,000 dhs or about USD 4,350) but you do get to keep the warranty. This is just some information about the tuning package they offer for the 550i
http://www.pp-performance.de/5er550i300kW.htm
The info is in German but I'm guessing most of the stuff is pretty much comprehensible. Also the 0-100 km/h claim seems a bit ambitious but the rest of the info seems credible. I'm seriously contemplating getting this installed on my car as well but I've been a bit busy lately, and seeing as the 550i is my daily driver i couldn't afford to keep it in AbuDhabi. ill hopefully get to it eventually .
Appreciate 0