View Single Post
      09-25-2020, 05:33 PM   #17
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible View Post
You do realise that when you declare a 'no fault' collision when you renew your insurance, they will put up the premium. It happened to my daughter. When we queries it they said that statistics show that those who have 'no fault' collisions are more likely to have another, hence they are higher risk.
It happen to me just before my renewal and change of car, bmw garage sorted car but my insurance went up by £150 because of that. I have only informed my insurer about it and claim/repair was logged against other driver. Same answer as why my premium went up, you are more likely have another one
Now i feel like "magnet for idiots crashing into my car".

Quote:
Originally Posted by john lummis View Post
If I don't need the assistance of my insurance company there's no point telling them that I don't need them .
I have informed my insurer about accident but call handler did not take note of that and my existing renewal was refused, Sainsbury's fuck-up but costed me a lot of hassle and finding new insurer which was even more expensive (sainsbury covered the difference but crappy experience encountered).

Last edited by adam.b; 09-25-2020 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 0