United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Another Dinan Spring Set Installed

Hey Guys/Gals
Okay just got the car back this weekend after having a set of Dinan Performance Springs mounted on my M3. Logistics was simple. Searched Dinan's website to find alternatives to my dealer who also does Dinan work as well. Shop I found offered and additional discount on top of Dinan's current 15% offer on BOTH labor and parts which made it hard to pass up so I pulled the trigger. Parts were in stock at Dinan and shipped to the shop; dropped my car off Thur (free loaner given an 330 with an S2 package which was quite nice/adequate but NO M3 of course). Picked up on Fri afternoon and drove home.

Impressions so far:
PROS
  • drop is nice with my 19" V710's. Not too aggressive or slammed but 20" would look better IF the roads here would support such a risk. No bent rims need apply!
  • ride is more stable and seems very supportive of terrain/road changes now. I have EDC and leave it in Normal rather than comfort and rarely is the chassis as upset as previously by changes in the road surface.
  • EDC no faults but none expected which is one reason why I went with Dinan vs the others which have had a few problems..but NOT that many.
  • No body roll whatsoever but then there wasn't THAT much in the M3 before
  • Grip seems the same but haven't really pushed the car yet except for a few exit ramp sweepers. So more TBA
  • Dinan Warranty=peace of mind. Since it meets the factories there's no haggling or removing springs and reinstalling old EDC springs to avoid a fight with the SA to make sure my warranty is honored. Labor alone for that would cost me at least $200-400 in labor as I am not in a position to DIY.
CONS
  • Like everyone has said already; the price but with the extra discounts I save about $200 off MSPR
  • Drop may NOT be as aggressive as some would like. Fender Gap may be still be too much for some!
  • I had to go without my car for 24hrs! LOL

So that's it. Am looking forward to enjoying it on my upcomming trip down to the PDC next month for my M school. Also will see if the springs settle some or if the stance stays the same and the driving habit/performance. TIll then the pics you've all be waiting for. Let the flaming begin! LOL
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0