02-20-2024, 09:48 AM   #9
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassWholeBimmer View Post
.with the 5.0 L V8... Unlike some makes, ford knows how to make V8's.

..or the 3.5L eco-boost. Have owned both... stellar engines.. And the 10 speed auto is pretty good as well. Get 22 mpg (summer) average mpg with my current F150. Not bad...

If need to tow less, the f150 2.7 L V6 has great reviews, and can still tow enough for most.

As mentioned, last gen Tundra is bulletproof, but mpg sucks, and when I drove it, it was uninspiring.
Resale with Tundras are very good. New Tundras were redesigned this year.... Total redesign. Would not touch yet. Probably won't have the reliability Toyotas are known for, but time will tell.

Don't have first hand experience with GMC's, but my buddies drive them (mostly the full tons) and all have good luck. Would not touch Ram's due to reliability, though they probably have the nicest ride.

F150 imho, with 3 great engine choices, very nice shifting 10speed, not old generation Tundra reliability, but I've had great luck... best of the big3 imho... and a wide range of trim packages...
While I have a Ford 2.3L EcoBoost in my Bronco, and I like the engine, I still think a V8 is a better overall engine for a pickup truck. If fuel mileage is a concern then any pickup will be painful for you IMO. My midsized pickup is a GM with the 5.3L V8. It does everything well, including consuming gasoline.
Appreciate 0