View Single Post
      06-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #15
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukedogg View Post
I got tired of waiting for my X5M order so I picked up a HEA that was close to my build, other than the leather and trim. AC worked ok the first day for ~150 miles, which was Friday. Went out Saturday to get an appointment for window tinting and the AC quit working. Hot air only. Dealer is picking my car up today, in a hour or so. They told me they think it is software related, we shall see. Hopefully they give me a decent loaner and get if fixed quickly. This is my first BMW and I am disappointed, but the car is excellent, just needs some cold air.
This was my exact experience. Try explaining to your wife and kids why the AC in your 124K car doesn't work and you can't open the windows because you just got tints done

I called BMW Customer Service and while the lady was super nice, there isn't anything they could do at the moment. They don't have the pull to expedite anything. All she said is that they can work on compensating for lost use but that happens AFTER the car is all fixed so they can calculate the exact number of days.

Not sure whats better. Drop off the car at the dealer and get a loaner for 2 months or just let them diagnosis the issue and take the car back with me so atleast it won't get dinged up while sitting at the dealer service lot for that long of a time. This would be a non issue if it wasn't summer time but on hot days I can't drive this thing.

Alan