View Single Post
      05-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #17
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
Comments like "KWs best selling point is the stainless steel construction" shows you are arguing just for the sake of arguing so thanks for that (not really). Anyway, sure it's very high quality but the high and low frequency valving is why they're so good, especially for the street. As for racing, you'll find their suspensions on the best FIA GT cars on the grid, and WTC, and Le Mans, and on and on... SCCA...what's that??? Seriously, KW is as high end as it gets when it comes to sports car racing suspensions, and their street stuff is as good as anyone needs. Their engineers know what they're doing and they know how hard cars are pushed over here so you can be sure it's a safe product and extremely well made. For sure buy what you want. I just didn't like the arrogance of the original post. I've had Koni, GAB, KYB, Tokico, and many others and all were crap compared to my KWs. Good enough for me...

BTW, wish I had a dollar for every KW equipped car lapping the Nurburgring! Perhaps living in Germany has me a bit biased, but America isn't well known for quality products in this industry (comparatively). I'll take German engineered thank you very much.

Personally I want KW coilovers [for the handling] but I'm not sure I can live with the lowering. I'll have to do some eyeball curb measurements to see if the 135's front end is in danger of getting crunched if lowered. KWs minimum is 30mm, and that's quite a bit.

Cheers!
Not arguing just to argue but you seem to be pushing that envelope. I was thinking on the line of MOTON and JRZ those are the shock companies I'd put on a pedestal. but to each their own and on SCCA whats that??? don't be an ASS.
Appreciate 0