View Single Post
      03-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #195
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

It almost seems at times in order to advocate the superiority of the DCT/Auto crowd they must denigrate and destroy the manual crowd. The DCT even auto's now out shift a human, that isn't in question. BUT, isn't a sports car about the pleasure of driving? Some of us prefer the visceral aspect of shifting our own gears, to be plugged into and part of the car. The central nexus if you will. What else should we yield to the machine? How about steering or braking? If the computer can use GPS and cameras/lidar to do it faster and better than you than let it? No. IMHO I have no issue with manuals becoming a pay for option like a convertible. But if they remove the choice I will no longer have a need for a "sports car". A tepid SUV will do just fine. I special ordered my 2014 with a manual and it's a blast, my M235 is on the way with same setup. I'm trading in a 2013 X6M for the little M235 as the X6M while powerful lacks any connection for me. I'm just steering and pushing the gas pedal.

Again, I'm a sports car enthusiast and applaud the tech of the DCT, but to each his own.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1