View Single Post
      10-12-2023, 10:47 PM   #124
hunter8793
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5YER View Post
I just recently collected my F90 M5, so I’m not too versed in knowing what I have bought/ what it can do. I of course did extensive research on the car and have been wanting one for years. I came from a z32 Nissan 300zx, to a 350z N/A, to a Ford F-150 3.5 ECO. I don’t know off the top of my head what cars the F90 is faster than but I like to have a little fun.

Today, in the early morning, I was getting on the highway and there was an f82 ///M4 in front of me and I got excited. I don’t see too many M Cars in south Tx. He was making a right turn and did a nice slide into the lane. (I perked up cause I knew he wanted to play). At the time I thought he might’ve had some bolt ons at least, because of the wealth of carbon aero and GTS taillights.

I got right on his bumper the whole way onto the highway. He got into the left lane and hit it. Naturally, I hit it too and I was still behind him. Traffic was super light except for two minivans that wanted to ride each other’s doors per usual. The ///M4 started braking really hard and I just grinned because the Carbon Ceramic Brakes weren’t even pressed in a 3rd of the way. I looked over to my girl as the van got out of our way, and she had the audacity to ask me “is his car faster?” I got into the right lane with zero traffic for at least 5+ minutes down the road. I dropped to 3rd as we were doing about 80. I let him take the hit, and I smashed out. I pulled buses on him before I let off at 148. My girl then asked, “where did he go?” I said “oh he’s still coming” as I dropped down to the speed limit.

That made me feel amazing because I never really put the car through its paces and I have the M drivers package and want to see if there was really no governor*. The reality set in that I better relax, so I never got past the 155 cars are usually governed at.
Welcome to the club
The power is pretty nice lol
Be safe out there.

Post pics of your new car if you can.
Appreciate 0